In the event that you want to variation to further texting applications because of safety causes, in that opinion, you might be thinking regarding the way you can remove your WhatsApp account and delete all the WhatsApp data. You should not get worried as the solution is here. To remove your WhatsApp account and remove all the data, you will be needing to follow a few steps.
For data deletion, you will be required to wait for a set of days as the company groups sideways a determination to refer you to the information. You can likewise physically delete all the chat and media. Have a look below for more details about the methods.
What is the Process to Delete Your WhatsApp Account?
As you have decided to move from WhatsApp to another application, you will have to first delete your account of WhatsApp. After that, you will be easily able to delete the complete data in your WhatsApp’s local storage and also from the storage of the cloud.
Like you are now deleting the WhatsApp account only, you will not need to turn off the backup from the cloud as you are now ready to delete the account. Let’s now discuss the complete method to delete your WhatsApp Account.
Delete WhatsApp Account on Android
- Initially, you will have to open WhatsApp on your android phone.
- Then you will have to click on the menu that will be seen as three dots at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, you will need to tap on the Settings option.
- From the settings page, you will need to tap on the Account option.
- Then, just tap on the Delete my account option from the list.
- Then, you will need to choose your country and enter the mobile number that is registered with WhatsApp in the required fields.
- Then again, you will have to click on the button showing Delete my account.
- After that, you will ask for feedback from the WhatsApp team. You have to any of the reasons. You can also enter your comments If you don’t want to give comments, you can skip that part.
- As you are now completed entering the details, you can again tap on the Delete my account option.
- After you perform the steps, your WhatsApp account will be deleted.
You can then just go back to the home screen and go for uninstallation of WhatsApp. To uninstall, you can go to the app icon, press, and hold the icon of the application. You will see uninstall option, and then you should click on the uninstall option.
You will then get a mail of confirmation. You will need to check the box for the option Keep data and then tap on the OK option. As doing this, WhatsApp is completely deleted from your phone.
Delete WhatsApp Account on iOS Device
- As an initial step, you have to open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then from the bottom of the screen, you have to tap the settings option.
- Then, just tap on the account option.
- Now, you have to tap on deleting my account that you will see on the next page.
- In the next option, you will need to enter the country name and also the registered mobile number.
- Then again, tap on the option Deletes my account.
- You will be asked for feedback from the WhatsApp team. If you wish, you can skip the step. You can just tap on the next option there to skip the step.
- You will then get a warning message from WhatsApp that all your data is now being deleted. You have to confirm by tapping on the Delete my account option.
Now your WhatsApp is deleted, and you also uninstall the application from your device too.
What is the Process to Delete WhatsApp Data?
When we talk about WhatsApp data, you will need to delete the local files in Android and an iOS device; you have to delete the cloud data. Let’s know how to do it.
Delete WhatsApp Data On Android
- You have to first open the file manager of your device and go to the root directory of the local storage.
- See down by scrolling and tapping of WhatsApp.
- You will be able to see various folders for WhatsApp. You have to delete the backups and database. When you go to delete Media, you will be able to choose the photos and videos that you don’t to delete.
This way, you can delete WhatsApp data from your phone.
Delete WhatsApp Data On iOS
- You have to open the settings on your iOS device.
- Then, you will have to tap on the Apple ID that you see on the top.
- You have to select the option iCloud.
- Then, you will need to tap on the option manage storage that you see on the top of the screen.
- Check and select WhatsApp messenger from the list.
- Then tap on the option delete data.
- You will need to confirm again by tapping on the delete option again.
This way, you have successfully deleted WhatsApp data from your phone.