How to Change Snapchat Location?
It’s a great concept to know where your friends are, and on Snapchat, you can know it with the help of Snapmap. But every feature comes with a drawback. If you want to know where your friends are, you have to share your location also. All social media platforms track your location. In the same way, Snapchat also tracks your location. This location data is used by Snapchat to advance its features and facilities. But as you are concerned about your privacy, you might don’t want your Snapchat to track your location. You might not be feeling comfortable that an application is chasing you all over the place you go.
So you don’t know, let me tell you that on Snapchat, you can change your location. Here is the complete information that will help you in doing so.
SnapMap Location Sharing
SnapMap is the component that authorizes you to perceive where your Snapchat buddies are. It additionally licenses your companions to check your location when turned on. Your SnapMap location refreshes consistently as long as your application is open. In the event that you close the application, SnapMap basically shows your last known location until it terminates following a few hours.
How to Change Your Location on Snapchat?
Lamentably, Snapchat has not given any arrangement to show another location rather than the one your GPS presently demonstrates. Snapchat utilizes data given by your phone’s GPS consequently, and since this sort of data can’t be controlled except if you attempt the hack we propose, it’s on par with impractical the typical way. So you should attempt this indirect technique. To counterfeit your location, you need to persuade Snapchat that you are available in a location that you are most certainly not. Since Snapchat isn’t sufficiently refined to differentiate between a fake and genuine GPS, it is conceivable to counterfeit your location. Essentially, you need to have a fake GPS act like a genuine one on your phone.
The following method will help you by which you can accomplish what you need. You have to use a Third-Party App. Let’s know the method.
- You have to first download an app named Fake GPS Location using Google play store on your phone.
- After you install the phone, you have to go to the settings of your phone and see below the system option and tap on it.
- Under the system section, you will see about phone section.
- Then, you have to tap on the build number of your phone. This will activate the developer settings.
- Then you have to come back to the system section.
- In the system section, you will see developer options. You have to tap on it.
- You have to tap on the option select mock location app option.
- Then in the following step, you will need to choose the Fake GPS Application.
- Then, you have to move to the fake GPS location app that you downloaded from the google play store.
- Using the app, you have to reset the location which you need to show on the map.
- After doing so, when you open Snapchat, you will see that your
Note: You cannot use this method on iOS devices. Snapchat location has been changed.
Why Should You Change Your Snapchat Location?
Most importantly, you likely need a changed Snapchat GPS to have a touch of fun. For instance, in the event that you use a third-party app to change your location to Paris, you could show up there on the Snap Map. You can likewise change your location to someplace that has a selective channel – on the off chance that you do, you could be the just one out of your companions to at any point use it.
In any case, as an application that depends on knowing your location, the facts confirm that Snapchat tracks your location in the event that you’ve allowed it to. The straightforward response to trying not to follow altogether is to deny any location authorizations, however then Snapchat would lose a ton of its center highlights.
All things considered, you can assume responsibility for when the application knows where you are by mocking your GPS location to elsewhere when you’d prefer not to have Snapchat (or anybody taking a gander at your location) know where you are. At that point, when you do need individuals to see where you will be, you can simply turn off the location.